1) Petitions are available at the Election Office at 301 West Main Street in Woodbury.
2) Petitions do NOT obligate a candidate to run until they are returned.
3) Petitions have timetables. Potential candidates can only pick up during certain seasons and must return petions before a set deadline. Call the Election Office for more information.
4) Petitions need 25 verified signatures. The Election Office recommends collecting additional signitures to ensure 25 are accepted.
5) The Rule of Thumb is, "If they can vote for you, they can sign your petition." For instance, citizens who are not registered are not valid signatures. Also, if a candidate is running for a District seat, his signatures must be from those of his District.